Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bad Karma

I'm really going away from what I intended on this blog but ...

Sharon Stone's Karma comment has to be the dumbest thing any celebrity has said this year.

Karma is supposed to return to whom ever generated, and I fail to see how school children in Sichuan have oppressed Tibet. Its clear to anyone that this is a natural disaster which has affected perfectly ordinary innocent people. They have nothing to do with setting government policy in Tibet.

Seeing images of collapsed schools with a childs hand sticking out of them brings tears to my eyes. I can't imagine what it must be like to shift through ruble looking for your child. For some starlet to suggest that its Karma ... I'm lost for words really ...

Even the Democrat Presidential hopefuls haven't managed a gaff this bad.

I'd call for a boycot of Stone's movies myself, but in all honest I've never been a fan so I probably wouldn't have rushed out to see them in any case.

No comments: